Friday, September 11, 2020

September and I'm trying to avoid work

At least a few of us missed that it was suddenly September. (Isn't that a song by the Motels? No? Suddenly Last Summer? Hey, google tells me that it's a Tennessee Williams play/film. Learn something new every day!)

Anyway, it's September. I'm still trying to do 12 things at once. Costco orders via instacart and standard delivery, work, finishing a book, copying down a recipe I want to make that I can't seem to find the tab for, thinking about another recipe I want to make but need to look up because we've ended up with a ridiculous amount of sweet corn in the fridge, drafting this post, trying to avoid twitter because the randomness that it provides is the sole thing that can hold my attention oh hi there you are again tweeps, scowling at a dude I occasionally have to deal with whom I seriously dislike because he changed something he probably should have changed but I feel like I'm being blamed for not having the information that is inside his head, listening to new albums by Oceanator and Girl Friday, time to read another chapter because this book is far too prescient and I'd like to return it to the library today, scowling some more because simpering dude is simpering and I hate it, and oh, I really ought to drink more because I can feel that I'm dehydrated, and maybe I should delete the commas because they make this run-on sentence slightly more coherent and stream-of-consciousness leads to beautiful things like there is a ceramic cow smiling at me except the cow isn't here it was somewhere I was babysitting decades ago and now I don't think anything is smiling at me, I should probably eat something because it's after lunchtime and where's my calendar, wondering if nextdoor has been taken over by bots because all of the "hi I'm xxx and it's nice to meet you" messages are baffling and slightly unsettling, fuck you dickhead, I hate that people with food blogs think I want to hear all about their kids before I look at the recipe that caused me to click their link, and my email inbox is overflowing and I know my voice mail is full but I can't bring myself to clean it out, I should probably do something productive like clean the bathroom or empty some of the boxes that have accumulated by the front door and dear Bob my workspace is a disaster but decision paralysis is a thing and I am overwhelmed with everything that needs done and maybe I'm not actually doing as well as I thought I was.

Anyway, Zoey is very serious about high fives, at least when treats are involved.  



No comments: