Monday, September 3, 2007

Nap central

I have had more naps today than most adults have in a week, and it's only 9:30.

Zuzu woke me at 4:00 because she wanted food. I went downstairs so she wouldn't wake Mike. No, kitty, you can't have breakfast until at least 5:00. She did whatever she could to keep me awake, but somehow I managed to get Nap 1 in.

Woke up at 5:30, fed Zuzu. Took Nap 2.

Noticed that the sun was rising, knew that I needed to get the jungle mulched before the bees were awake, so I worked outside for a while. Came back in around 7:00, and took Nap 3.

Mike woke up and came downstairs around 7:30, then generously agreed that he'd leave me alone to sleep some more, hence Nap 4.

I'm finally up for a while now, I think, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a Nap 5 in my future.

***

It's funny the things that a kitty will do to wake a person. This morning she was big on the purring and kneading, and breathing on me (I assume she was staring, too, but I did not open my eyes). She did the tail-face-tickle a few times, too.

Stripey sock 1 is now an ankle sock. Will probably finish out the ball of yarn, unless it gets too tall.

Oh well. I should go make breakfast. And stretch. I hurt. I'm not used to physical labor anymore.

No comments: