Sunday, August 26, 2007

One finished project

Finished Kelly's second sock last night (all except weaving in the ends) right as we got to the Bat Gala. We'd been mattress shopping, and were in the neighborhood, so we stopped by South Chagrin Reservation and checked out the festivities. We were a bit early, so we helped the shop volunteers (one of whom I knew) set up. And I do mean I finished right before - I bound off the final stitches as we pulled into the parking lot. I definitely prefer toe-up socks, although I'll try leg-down socks again, and see if my opinion changes.

Recently learned about double knitting, where you knit two socks at once, one inside of the other, and I am very intrigued. Tried it last night, but didn't get past the cast-on. I think I had an epiphany about how it works (let's hope so!) so I can successfully try again today.

Have a few more rows to go on the tote bag, then the straps, and then felting...

Finally got my card reader to work, after uninstalling some software. Posted pictures (someday, to Flickr!) of Kelly's socks, my yarn purchase, and my little ham, who is now sitting like a turkey.

No comments: