Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rogue snapdragons

Did some weeding over the weekend. Noticed some flowers blooming in the small patch between the front stoop, driveway and walkway. Snapdragons. Short ones. Yellow and white. I did not plant them, but they seem to be taking over the space. Don't know where they came from, but I like them.

***

Word of advice to any novice hop farmers: When harvesting, wear long pants and long sleeves. Latex gloves are encouraged. Exposed skin will get scratched and *oh so itchy*.....

***

Nearly done with Kel's first sock. Turns out that I will have more yarn left than I expected. I'll probably use the extra for socks for my nieces. The 4-year-old wants very tall socks. Good thing about toe-up is that she can try them on as I work them. I need to learn the two-at-once method of sock knitting. There's lots I need to learn. I'm currently trying to learn continental knitting, which will make ribbing stitches so much easier! Tomorrow is knitting group - we'll see what they think of my tote bag colors.

Anyhow, I'm going to sit outside for a while and enjoy the nice weather.

No comments: