Saturday, August 11, 2007

Yummy, yummy yarn...

The Kirtlandia Society luncheon is today, and I wanted to bring a project (as I always do to the meetings). I did not want to bring the tote bag in progress, as it's big and very obvious. Kelly's socks were the obvious choice for small, unobtrusive projects, except (as she knows) they require nearly an hour of pay-attention knitting to start, and I want to watch/listen to today's presentations. So, this morning, I worked on the toe. I'm definitely getting better with the wrap and turn stuff. I've uploaded a picture of the toe for your amusement.

Anyway, during much of the process, I had a kitty on my lap. (She's staring at me now, hoping the laptop will go away...Poor kitty - I have to get moving!) She had fun playing with the working yarn, and trying to eat the waste end. Tracey Ullman refers to yarn as "edible" in her knitting book, but I doubt that she tries to eat it as much as Zuzu does.

No comments: